- 2 racks baby back ribs
- 6 tablespoons Emeril's Rustic Rub
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Emeril's Bam B Q Sweet Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 7 to 10 dashes of hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil large enough to cover the pan twice (you will be folding this over the ribs and sealing).
- Place the ribs on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. In a small bowl, combine the Rustic Rub, salt, pepper and celery salt and stir to combine. Divide the seasoning evenly between both slabs of ribs, coating well on both sides. Fold the sides of the foil over the ribs and seal tightly on all sides. Place the ribs in the oven and bake, undisturbed, for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until ribs are very tender.
- While ribs are baking, make the barbecue sauce. Empty the bottle of barbecue sauce into a saucepot. Rinse the bottle with bourbon and add to pot. Add the brown sugar and hot sauce. Heat until sugar has melted and sauce comes to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 2 1/2 hours of baking, remove the ribs from the oven and peel back the foil so that the ribs are exposed. Using a pastry brush or the back of a spoon, coat the racks lightly on the meaty sides with barbecue sauce. Return to the oven until sauce is thickened and lightly browned, about 20 minutes longer. Remove the ribs from the oven and set aside to cool briefly before cutting between the ribs and serving. Serve with more barbecue sauce, if desired.
- Source: The Emeril Lagasse Show: Episode 6 - Emeril's Heartland
- Dish Type: Entree
- Cuisine: American
Vegetable Pot Pie
Roasted Red Pepper Mac And Cheese
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Lemony Spiked Sweet Tea
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Sammy And Emeril’s Favorite Paella