- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 green onions, about 1 bunch, trimmed
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 hot pepper sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Soy Glaze
- Lay chicken breasts flat between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Using a meat mallet, pound each breast to 1/4-inch thickness. Slice each breast lengthwise into 3 equal pieces. Cut the green onions into 3-inch long pieces. Arrange 3 green onion sticks down the middle of 1 flattened chicken breast strip. Spirally, roll the chicken tightly around the green onions and secure with kitchen twine. Alternatively, leave scallions whole and roll up chicken. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts and green onions. Set aside.
- Combine sake, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil in a zip-top plastic bag or other sealable container. Add the chicken wraps and marinate for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove chicken wraps from the marinade, allowing excess marinade to drip off. Reserve marinade, if desired. Heat the vegetable oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken wraps and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour the marinade over, if desired, and place the skillet in the oven and continue cooking until the chicken breasts are cooked through, 5 to 6 additional minutes.
- Transfer negimaki to a cutting board and allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve whole or slice the negimaki crosswise, into pieces. Serve the Soy Glaze as a dipping sauce.
Grilled Flank Steak Taquitos With Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa And Cilantro-tequila Cream
Sweet Cheese Blintzes With Apple Butter
Veal, Spinach And Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni
Hoisin Glazed Chicken Stuffed With Sticky Rice And Chinese Sausage
Sausage And Rice Stuffed Chicken Legs With Apricot Glaze
Seared Chile Marinated Breast Of Chicken With Mole Cream Sauce And Tamarind Glaze
Maw Maw's Slaw With A Ginger Soy Dressing
Crawfish Dumpling With A Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream