- 2 cups trimmed broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup (1/4-inch thick rounds) carrots
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 cup finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 small canned beet or roasted beet, cut into 4 thick slices
- 1 (6-ounce) tomato, cut into 12 wedges
- Delmonico Salad Dressing
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch until tender, 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in an ice bath. Drain and pat dry.
- Return the water to a boil, add the carrots, and blanch until tender, 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in an ice bath. Drain and pat dry.
- Place 1 large lettuce leaf on each of 4 salad plates and arrange 1/4 cup of the chopped lettuce in the center of the lettuce leaf. Chop 1/4 of the broccoli and arrange equal amounts inside each lettuce leaf. Arrange the remaining broccoli flowerets and the carrots in each of the lettuce leaves. Cut each beet slice into 4 sticks and arrange inside the lettuce leaves, alternating with the tomato wedges. Drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons of the dressing and serve immediately.
Delmonico Salad Dressing
Boiled Artichoke Hearts
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding With Vanilla Ice Cream And Caramel Sauce
Emeril’s Delmonico Peach Salad
Delmonico Chicken Clemenceau
Delmonico's Smoked Salmon And Brie Crepes With Herbsaint Butter Sauce And Crispy Spinach