- 2 cups trimmed broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup (1/4-inch thick rounds) carrots
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 cup finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 small canned beet or roasted beet, cut into 4 thick slices
- 1 (6-ounce) tomato, cut into 12 wedges
- Delmonico Salad Dressing 
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch until tender, 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in an ice bath. Drain and pat dry.
- Return the water to a boil, add the carrots, and blanch until tender, 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in an ice bath. Drain and pat dry.
- Place 1 large lettuce leaf on each of 4 salad plates and arrange 1/4 cup of the chopped lettuce in the center of the lettuce leaf. Chop 1/4 of the broccoli and arrange equal amounts inside each lettuce leaf. Arrange the remaining broccoli flowerets and the carrots in each of the lettuce leaves. Cut each beet slice into 4 sticks and arrange inside the lettuce leaves, alternating with the tomato wedges. Drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons of the dressing and serve immediately.