- 3 pounds flank steak
- 4 tablespoons Emeril's Asian Essence
- Shiitake Barbecue Sauce
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons sesame or peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2-inch piece gingerroot, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 1 bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup mushroom-soaking water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame, roasted peanut, or chili oil
- Flank Steak: Rub flank steak with Asian Essence. Let marinate for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil steak on both sides for 6 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Stir-Fry: Cover the mushrooms with 1 cup warm water and soak for 20 minutes. Reserve the liquid, discard the stems, and slice the caps into strips.
- Heat wok with 2 tablespoons oil. Stir-fry garlic ginger, onion and mushrooms for 1 minute, then add the remaining vegetables. Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add soy sauce, mushroom water, and cornstarch. Cook until slightly thickened. Drizzle with dark sesame oil, and season with salt.
- To Plate: Place Stir Fried Vegetables on platter. Thinly slice steak against the grain and fan over vegetables. Drizzle with Shiitake Barbecue Sauce.
Shiitake Barbecue Sauce
Seared Five Spice Duck Breast With Snow Peas And Watercress
Caramelized Salmon With Bok Choy And Asian Citrus Sauce
Homemade Ponzu Sauce
Grilled Salmon Sushi Rice Bowl
Coffee Nocello Glazed Duck With Foie Gras Fried Rice
Asian Citrus Sauce
Marinated Flank Steak With Summer Salsa
Marinated Flank Steak With Stewed Florida Swamp Cabbage