- 3 pounds flank steak
- 4 tablespoons Emeril's Asian Essence
- Shiitake Barbecue Sauce 
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons sesame or peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2-inch piece gingerroot, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 1 bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup mushroom-soaking water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame, roasted peanut, or chili oil
- Flank Steak: Rub flank steak with Asian Essence. Let marinate for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil steak on both sides for 6 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Stir-Fry: Cover the mushrooms with 1 cup warm water and soak for 20 minutes. Reserve the liquid, discard the stems, and slice the caps into strips.
- Heat wok with 2 tablespoons oil. Stir-fry garlic ginger, onion and mushrooms for 1 minute, then add the remaining vegetables. Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add soy sauce, mushroom water, and cornstarch. Cook until slightly thickened. Drizzle with dark sesame oil, and season with salt.
- To Plate: Place Stir Fried Vegetables on platter. Thinly slice steak against the grain and fan over vegetables. Drizzle with Shiitake Barbecue Sauce.