- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pint oysters with their liquor
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound fresh spinach, well washed and stems removed
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup Herbsaint or other anise-flavored liqueur, such as Pernod or Ouzo
- Crispy Brie Croutons, for serving
- In a large heavy stockpot, cook the bacon, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, stirring occasionally, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the oysters, the oyster liquor, and the cream and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Using an immersion blender, or working with batches in a blender, puree the ingredients, adding the spinach in batches as you puree. Season with the salt and white pepper and stir in the Herbsaint.
- Serve with the Crispy Brie Croutons.
Oyster Rockefeller Soup Garnished with Crispy Bacon and Fried Oysters
Emerilís Oyster Rockefeller Soup With Crispy Gruyere Croutons
Oyster Rockefeller Fondue
Artichoke Soup With Poached Oysters
New England Clam Chowder
Cold Cucumber Soup With Louisiana Oysters On The Half Shell And Osteria Caviar