- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter plus 2 tablespoons melted
- 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes fresh pineapple
- 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes bananas
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 cups 1/2-inch cubes day-old Cuban or French bread
- Coconut Rum Sauce
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350?F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Add the pineapple, bananas, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and cook until the fruit begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in the cream, coconut milk, remaining 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, vanilla, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Add the bread and the fruit and stir well, then mix in the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake until firm when pressed in the center, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack until just warm, about 20 minutes. Serve with warm Coconut Rum Sauce and garnish with the toasted coconut.
Nuevo Cubano Bread Pudding
New Orleans Style Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
Creole Breakfast Bread Pudding
Savory Spinach And Artichoke Bread Pudding
Classic New Orleans Bread Pudding with a Bourbon Sauce
Cane Syrup Pecan Bread Pudding with Espresso Creme Anglaise
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise
Emeril's Chocolate Pudding Extravaganza
Praline Bread Pudding