- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons dried fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Corn Relish
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Combine the mayonnaise, a little at a time, with the cooked vegetables, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, and 1 tablespoon of the Essence in a large bowl, and mix well. Gently fold in the crabmeat.
- Combine the flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Essence in a shallow bowl and mix well. Combine the remaining 1 cup of bread crumbs with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of Essence in another bowl. Whisk 1 egg with the milk in another bowl.
- Using your hands, form mini cakes with the crabmeat mixture, packing gently but firmly. Dredge each crab cake in the flour mixture, then in the egg wash, then the bread crumb mixture, shaking to remove any excess breading.
- Heat 1/2 cup of vegetable oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry the crab cakes 3 or 4 at a time until golden brown, about 4 1/2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, arrange the crab cakes on a platter and top each with a spoonful of the relish. Serve hot.
Seared Crab Cake With Corn Relish, Roasted Tomato And Pepper Coulis
Fried Polenta Cake With Shrimp Etouffee And Roasted Corn Relish
Salt Cod And Lobster Cakes With Roasted Corn Relish And A Classic Tartare Sauce
Classic Crab Cakes With A Roasted Corn And Tomato Salad And Fresh Horseradish Sauce
Baked Louisiana Blue Crab Imperial With Caviar And Sauteed Pea Shoots
Crab And Corn Pies With Corn Crab Sauce
Louisiana Corn And Crab Bisque
Crab Cakes with Creole Corn Maque Choux and Green Tomato Chow Chow
Crab and Corn Fritters with Fresh Corn Mayo