- 4 cups water
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina or Monterey Jack
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- In a heavy medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Stir the polenta and salt into the water, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring from time to time. Cook until the polenta is cooked through and thickens, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese and jalapenos until smooth. Pour the polenta into a lightly oiled, shallow baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 6 hours and up to 2 days in advance.
- Run a knife around the edge of the baking dish and unmold the polenta onto a cutting board. Cut into 3-inch by 3-inch squares and keep cool, wrapped, until ready to grill.
Sausage, Onion And Bell Pepper Brochettes With Grilled Kicked Up Polenta Squares
Grilled Sweet Potato S'more Pies
Rosieís Marshmallow Mud Squares
Kicked Up French Toast
Barbecued Oysters With Spicy Garlic Butter
Grilled Crawfish Stuffed Chiles Rellenos With Salsa And Sour Cream
Foie Gras Toast With Sauterne Gelee
Veal Roulade With Crabmeat, Mushroom And Spinach Stuffing And Perigourdine Sauce
Chef Chris' Tasso Cured Salmon Canapes
Tea Smoked Salmon With Wasabi Cucumber Remoulade With Toast Points