- 3 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, or other brine-cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs, made from French bread
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rack of lamb, trimmed and Frenched (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Summer Stuffed Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine olives, bread crumbs, 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic and rosemary in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Season the rack of lamb on all sides with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat a medium skillet over high heat and, when hot, add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is almost smoking, add the rack of lamb and, turning, brown well on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly.
- Using your hands or a spoon, spread the olive mixture evenly all over the lamb, pressing so the crumbs adhere to the meat. Place in a small roasting pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before carving. To serve, carve the rack into individual chops. Fan the chops out from the center of 2 plates, surrounding the Summer Stuffed Tomatoes.
Pistachio Crusted Rack Of Lamb With Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes And Peasant Style Sauce
Rack Of Lamb With Creole Mustard Crust, Rosemary Jus, And Apple Mint Relish
Colorado Stuffed Rack Of Lamb
Roasted Rack Of Lamb With Goat's Cheese Potatoes And Sauce P…rigueux
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Pistachio Crusted Rack Of Lamb
Moroccan Lamb Tagine Smothered With Olives
Roasted Lamb Chops Stuffed With Black Olives And Goatís Cheese
Grilled Rack Of Lamb with a Mixed Herb Pesto
Stuffed Rack Of Lamb