- 3 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, or other brine-cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs, made from French bread
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rack of lamb, trimmed and Frenched (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Summer Stuffed Tomatoes 
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine olives, bread crumbs, 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic and rosemary in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Season the rack of lamb on all sides with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat a medium skillet over high heat and, when hot, add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is almost smoking, add the rack of lamb and, turning, brown well on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly.
- Using your hands or a spoon, spread the olive mixture evenly all over the lamb, pressing so the crumbs adhere to the meat. Place in a small roasting pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before carving. To serve, carve the rack into individual chops. Fan the chops out from the center of 2 plates, surrounding the Summer Stuffed Tomatoes.