- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup well drained, crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 3 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint leaves
- Pinch Essence
- Line a strainer with a layer of cheesecloth or a coffee filter and place over a bowl. Add the yogurt, refrigerate, and let drain until thick and reduced to 1 cup, 2 to 3 hours. Discard the liquid in the bowl or reserve for another use, such as bread making.
- In a blender, combine the feta, oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne, and process until smooth, adding more oil 1/2 teaspoon at a time if needed. Add the strained yogurt and pulse to combine. Add the mint leaves and Essence. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Grilled Lamb Kababs With Feta Sauce
Grilled Vegetable Antipasto
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Linguica Crusted Redfish With A Portuguese Olive-tomato Sauce, Fried Calamari And Feta Cheese
Yarithes Yiouvetsi (roasted Prawns With Fresh Tomatoes And Feta Cheese)