- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup well drained, crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 3 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint leaves
- Pinch Essence 
- Line a strainer with a layer of cheesecloth or a coffee filter and place over a bowl. Add the yogurt, refrigerate, and let drain until thick and reduced to 1 cup, 2 to 3 hours. Discard the liquid in the bowl or reserve for another use, such as bread making.
- In a blender, combine the feta, oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne, and process until smooth, adding more oil 1/2 teaspoon at a time if needed. Add the strained yogurt and pulse to combine. Add the mint leaves and Essence. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.