- 24 ounces chorizo or other hot sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 12 corn tortillas
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Spicy Sour Cream Dip
In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, stirring, until browned and the fat is rendered, about 4 minutes. Add the onions, peppers,garlic, Essence, and chili powder, and cook, stirring, until the onions are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
In a bowl, combine the cheeses.
Place 4 tortillas on a work surface. Top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the sausage mixture.
Top each with some cheese and a few jalapeno slices and top with another tortilla.
Add another layer of sausage, cheese, and jalapeno finishing with 1 more tortilla. Each stack should be 3 tortillas and 2 layers of filling.
Press firmly down on the top of each stack.
Lightly oil the grill or griddle and cook the stacks for about 3 minutes per side, or until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Cut each into 4 pieces.
Place on a serving platter and garnish with the cilantro. Serve hot with Spicy Sour Cream Dip, if desired.
Carne Asada Nachos
Baked Crabmeat, Artichoke, And Spinach Dip
Korean-style Pork Wraps With Chili Sauce
Chili Con Queso
Spicy Cocktail Nuts
Fresh House Made Guacamole
Spicy Sausage, Bean And Cheese Nachos
Pork And Shrimp Spring Rolls With Peanut Sauce
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce