- 1 (4 to 5-pound) boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of visible fat
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into 20 slivers
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 pita breads
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Chopped tomatoes
- With a sharp knife, make 20 slits across 1 side of the lamb and insert the garlic slivers. Place in a large non-reactive dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pour over the lamb and rub evenly across the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 2 and up to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Season lightly on all sides with Essence. Brush a grill lightly with olive oil and preheat to medium heat.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook, turning occasionally until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F for medium-rare, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the grill and transfer to a platter. Tent with foil and let rest for 12 minutes before carving.
- Thinly slice the lamb and place the meat in the center of the pita breads. Top with Tzatziki Sauce and chopped tomatoes, and serve.
Yogurt Marinated Grilled Leg Of Lamb
Greek Lamb And Potato Kabobs
Herb Encrusted Roast Leg Of Lamb With Garlic Roasted Baby Potatoes
Lamb and Chicken Gyros
Leg Of Lamb Gascony Style
Roasted Leg Of Lamb With Goat Cheese Potatoes And Sauce Perigueux
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Grilled Whole Fish, Greek-style
Greek-style Lamb Kebabs
Greek Lamb Phyllo Triangles