- 1/2 cup finely ground roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch ground bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch ground cinnamon
- 4 chicken thighs, skins on
- 4 chicken legs, skins on
- 1 (6-inch) corn tortilla
- 1 1/4 cups dark chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- Preheat a grill to medium, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the spice rub, combine the peanuts, brown sugar, salt, cayenne, ground bay leaf, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a bowl. With a small, sharp knife, score each thigh and drumstick twice on each side, 1/2-inch deep. Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add the spice rub and toss to coat evenly.
- Grill until marked, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a roasting pan or baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Roast in the oven until browned and cooked through, and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Place the tortilla on the hot grill and cook for 10 seconds on each side to mark. Remove and tear or cut into small pieces. (Alternately, fry the tortilla until crisp in 360 degree F. oil.)
- Drain 1/4 cup of the pan juices into a small saucepan. Add the chicken stock, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and tortilla pieces. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender, add the peanut butter, and process on high speed until smooth.
- Divide the chicken and sauce among 4 plates and serve immediately.
Blue Cheese And Brie Quesadillas With A Pear And Brown Sugar Compote
Apple Coffee Cake With Crumble Topping And Brown Sugar Glaze
Island Shrimp And Pineapple Skewers With Rum Butter Sauce
Caribbean Lobster Stew With Spicy Fritters
Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
Mesquite Smoked Caribbean Style Whole Red Snapper
Chocolate Peanut Butter Covered "hash Browns"
Paneed Pork Medallions With Herbed Spaetzle And Brown Butter Sauce
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Jimmy Buffet's Barbados Style Chicken