- 12 ounces Guinness stout
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- 6 egg yolks
- Dark Chocolate-Honey Sauce
- In a large saucepan, simmer the Guinness until reduced by 3/4 in volume, about 8 minutes.
- Combine the cream, milk, and sugar in a medium, heavy saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the pan and add the vanilla bean halves. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Whisk 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg yolks. Gradually add the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream, to the hot cream. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon and reaches 170 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against the surface to keep a skin from forming. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and add the Guinness reduction, whisking until well blended. Pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
Dark Chocolate Honey Sauce
Chocolate Praline Tart with Caramel, Chocolate Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream
Maple Ice Cream With Candied Walnuts, And Nutty Chocolate Sauce
Fresh Coconut Ice Cream With Mexican Chocolate Sauce
Profiteroles with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce
Chocolate, Buttermilk Cake With Fudge Icing And Coffee Ice Cream
Emeril's White Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches With Marshmallow Icing
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake†with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream