- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) center cut salmon fillets, with skin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Warm Lentil Ragout
- Season the salmon lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the salmon, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and transfer the salmon to a platter.
- In a clean large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the pea shoots and cook, stirring, until slightly wilted but still bright green, about 30 seconds. Season lightly with salt and remove from the heat.
- To serve, spoon the lentil ragout onto 4 large plates. Arrange the salmon and pea shoots on top and serve.
- Wine Pairing: Marques De Caceres Rioja Crianza, Spain, most current vintage available
Warm Lentil Ragout
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons
Seared Salmon With A Wild Mushroom And White Bean Ragout And A Merlot Reduction Sauce
Seared Scallops On Wilted Watercress With Champagne Butter Sauce, And Parmesan Crisps
Seared Salmon With Lentils
Pacific Coast Salmon And Wild Ramps, With A Morel, Crawfish, And Fiddlehead Fern Ragout
Spring Pea Soup With Smoked Bacon And Pea Shoots
Seared Salmon Or Pan Fried Snapper With Saute Vegetables And A Drizzle Of Lemon Butter Sauce
Baked Louisiana Blue Crab Imperial With Caviar And Sauteed Pea Shoots
The Girls' Oven Roasted Salmon And Veggie Lentils