- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) center cut salmon fillets, with skin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Warm Lentil Ragout 
- Season the salmon lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the salmon, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and transfer the salmon to a platter.
- In a clean large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the pea shoots and cook, stirring, until slightly wilted but still bright green, about 30 seconds. Season lightly with salt and remove from the heat.
- To serve, spoon the lentil ragout onto 4 large plates. Arrange the salmon and pea shoots on top and serve.
- Wine Pairing: Marques De Caceres Rioja Crianza, Spain, most current vintage available