- Olive oil
- 1 head escarole, cleaned
- 2 pounds baby artichokes, cleaned and halved
- 5 plum tomatoes, halved
- 5 shallots, halved
- 4 (12 to 16-ounce) whole rainbow trout, cleaned, head removed, and butterflied
- 2 cups flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons very fine grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat a grill.
- Lightly oil the escarole, artichokes, tomatoes, and shallots and place on the grill. Grill until tender, removing as they finish and placing on a large platter.
- Press down on the trout to completely open and flatten. Season the flour with Essence, salt, and pepper and place in a shallow dish. Dredge the trout in the seasoned flour. Add butter and oil to a hot saute pan. Pan-fry the trout until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place the fish on top of the grilled vegetables and top with balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, and parsley.
Roasted Rainbow Trout With A Lump Crab Meat And Grilled Asparagus Relish With A Lemon Beurre Blanc
Shad Roe With Tomato Anchovy Sauce
Pacific Coast Salmon And Wild Ramps, With A Morel, Crawfish, And Fiddlehead Fern Ragout
Herbed Grilled Trout With Portobello Mushrooms
Pan Seared Trout With Anchovy Sauce
Whole Trout Stuffed With A Bacon And Eggplant Dressing
Baked Sea Trout With Green Market Potatoes And Vegetables With Green Garlic Lovage Sauce
Parsnip Cakes With Smoked Trout, Apple, And Horseradish Cream
"oat Cuisine" Horseradish Crusted Salmon Trout With Whole Grain Mustard Cream Sauce