- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 large corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup warm refried beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pepper Jack
- Rancheros Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes and their juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- To make the Ranchero Sauce, in a medium pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the cumin, salt, cayenne, jalapeno, and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and their juices and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the cilantro. Adjust the seasoning, to taste, and cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 tortilla and cook until warmed through and just starting to brown about 30 seconds. Turn and cook on the second side. Remove, cover to keep warm, and repeat with the remaining oil and tortillas.
- In 2 medium skillets, melt 1 tablespoon of butter each, over medium-high heat. Break 4 eggs into each skillet and fry until beginning to set, about 1 minute. Sprinkle the eggs with the cheese and cover to finish cooking, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Place 1 warm tortilla on each of 4 plates and spread each with 2 tablespoons of warm refried beans. Place 2 eggs on top of each tortilla and top with the warm Ranchero Sauce. Serve immediately.
Orange Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce With Panko Fried Shrimp
Nutty Ice Cream Cake With Caramel Sauce And Toffee Bits
White Chocolate Praline Ice Cream
Chocolate Waffles With A Fresh Raspberry Syrup
Boudin With Jambalaya Grits
Smoked Salmon Eggs Over Potato Cakes
Crab Meat Omelet With Tasso Hollandaise