- 20 corn tortillas
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Southwest Essence, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pounds firm white fish, cut into 4 by 1 by 1/4 inch strips
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 cups shredded mixed green and red cabbage
- Lime wedges
- Chipotle Crema
- Salsa Fresca
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place in the oven until soft and pliant, about 12 minutes. Remove and keep wrapped until ready to use.
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat the oil to 350 degrees F. over high heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg with the milk and water. Add the flour, Essence, and baking powder, and whisk to make a thin batter. Dip the fish in the batter, turning to coat, and shake to remove any excess. Fry in batches in the oil until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels, and season lightly with the Essence.
- Stack 2 tortillas together on plates, and top with the fish. Squeeze with lime juice, and top the fish with cabbage, crema, and salsa to taste. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Maui Tacos Fish Taco With Pineapple Tomato Salsa
Chicken Chili With Cornbread Topping And Chipotle Crema
Mexican Chipotle Crema
Chipotle Bbq Oysters With Homemade Salsa Fresca
Fried Fish Tacos with Corn and Tomato Salsa
Grilled Fish Tacos with a Roasted Chile and Avocado Salsa
Chiles Rellenos With Rock Shrimp Salsa Fresca
Grilled Marinated Fish With Tropical Salsa And Coconut Rice