- 20 corn tortillas
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Southwest Essence, plus more for dusting 
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pounds firm white fish, cut into 4 by 1 by 1/4 inch strips
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 cups shredded mixed green and red cabbage
- Lime wedges
- Chipotle Crema 
- Salsa Fresca 
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place in the oven until soft and pliant, about 12 minutes. Remove and keep wrapped until ready to use.
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat the oil to 350 degrees F. over high heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg with the milk and water. Add the flour, Essence, and baking powder, and whisk to make a thin batter. Dip the fish in the batter, turning to coat, and shake to remove any excess. Fry in batches in the oil until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels, and season lightly with the Essence.
- Stack 2 tortillas together on plates, and top with the fish. Squeeze with lime juice, and top the fish with cabbage, crema, and salsa to taste. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.