- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus 2 teaspoons, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange blossom honey
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Orange Honey Butter
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a standard 12-cup muffin pan with the 2 teaspoons of butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer, cream together the remaining 1 stick of butter and honey until fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating after the inclusion of each. Add the buttermilk and orange peel, and beat to combine.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix the batter. Fold in the dates and nuts. Divide the batter among the prepared cups of the muffin tin.
- Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn out onto wire racks to cool. Serve with Orange Honey Butter.
Orange Honey Butter
Rolled Honey And Lemon Three Nut Baklava
Mini Orange Crumble Top Muffins With Orange Butter
Apple Nut Muffins With Streusel Topping
Spicy Honey Barbecued Chicken
Honeyed Apple Cabbage Slaw
Honey-butter Baked Chicken With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Red Snapper Fillets Poached With Fennel And Vermouth, Served With Orange Vinaigrette, And Rice With Peas And Pine Nuts
Guinness Ice Cream With Dark Chocolate Honey Sauce
Garlic Mojito Sorbet With Spicy Honey Garlic Brittle