- 3 cups dry red wine, Australian Shiraz
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 2 1/2 pounds oranges, rind cut into strips, flesh sectioned
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur
- Orange Pound Cake
- In a medium, heavy saucepan, combine the red wine, sugar, orange juice, vanilla bean, and strip of orange peel, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is reduced by half. Peel and section the oranges over a bowl to catch the juice. Place the orange sections in a shallow, glass, baking dish.
- Remove the wine mixture from the heat and pour over the orange sections. Discard the vanilla bean and zest. Let stand and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. (If not serving immediately, tightly cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.)
- For the mascarpone: In a bowl, whisk together the mascarpone, sugar, and liqueur until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, slice the pound cake thickly and place one slice on each serving plate. Top with oranges and red wine syrup, and a heaping dollop of the sweet mascarpone.
Orange Pound Cake
Pound Cake With Ice Cream And Sauteed Bananas And Ginger Syrup
Salmon With Beurre Rouge And Red Wine Braised Endive
Fresh Orange Pound Cakes With An Orange Glaze
Garlic And Rosemary Red Wine Vinegar
Watercress Salad With Red Wine Vinaigrette
Pound Cake With Dried Fruit And A Port Wine Reduction Sauce
Red Wine Braised Endive
Chocolate Pound Cake And Peanut Butter And Chocolate Praline Ice Cream Sandwiches
Lemon Pound Cake With Lemon Curd