- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, plus 4 ounces (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, plus 1 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 3-inch loaf pan with 1 teaspoon of the butter and 1 teaspoon of flour, knocking out the excess. Sift the remaining cup of flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl, and set aside.
- Combine the remaining butter and the sugar in the bowl of a mixer and cream on high speed. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl, alternating with the eggs, beating on low speed, and scraping the sides of the bowl. Add the juice, zest, and vanilla, and beat until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the cake has risen, is golden brown on top, and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Let rest in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Oranges With Red Wine Syrup And Orange Pound Cake
Fresh Orange Pound Cakes With An Orange Glaze
Chocolate Pound Cake And Peanut Butter And Chocolate Praline Ice Cream Sandwiches
Pound Cake With Ice Cream And Sauteed Bananas And Ginger Syrup
Lemon Rosemary Pound Cake
Lemon Pound Cake With Lemon Pastry Cream
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote
Coimbra Cake With Port Reduction And Oranges
Orange Pudding Cakes
Lemon Pound Cake With Macerated Berries