- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Essence
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Smoked Trout, Apple, and Horseradish Cream
- Place the parsnips in a pot, with enough water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher with the cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Let sit until cool enough to handle. Form into small cakes, about 3 inches in diameter and 1-inch high.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the Essence. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush the cakes on both sides with the beaten egg and dip into the breadcrumbs. In batches, pan-fry the cakes in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides, adding more oil as needed.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately with the Smoked Trout, Apple and Horseradish Cream.
Smoked Trout, Apple, And Horseradish Cream
"oat Cuisine" Horseradish Crusted Salmon Trout With Whole Grain Mustard Cream Sauce
Apple, Pear, And Raspberry Stew With Oatmeal Dumplings
Buttermilk Spice Cake With Fresh Apple Puree And Roasted Walnut Cream Cheese Frosting
Crispy Fish With Salsify, Celery Root And Fennel Slaw And Parsnip Creamed Potatoes
Venison Medallions With Balsamic Reduction And Celery Pear Puree
Parsnip Cake With Cinnamon And Walnut Icing
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Potato Crisps And Bacon
Roasted Alaskan Salmon With Granny Smith Apple Butter Sauce, And Herbed Potato Cakes
Classic Crab Cakes With A Roasted Corn And Tomato Salad And Fresh Horseradish Sauce