- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
- In a bowl combine the strawberries, 2 tablespoons of the Grand Marnier, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the orange zest. Let macerate for at least 2 hours, and up to 8 hours, tightly covered, and refrigerated.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and grease lightly with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, beat 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar with a mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3/4 cup of the sugar and beat until the meringue forms stiff, shiny peaks. Spoon the meringue into 6 equal mounds on the greased sheet, and using the back of a spoon, spread slightly out and make an indentation in the center.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave in the oven until dry, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of the sugar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of the Grand Marnier, and beat just until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Place 1 meringue on each of 6 plates, and fill with 1/2 cup of the macerated strawberries. Top with a dollop of whipped cream, and drizzle warm chocolate sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Oreo Cookie And White Chocolate Mousse Pie With Macerated Strawberries
Chocolate Covered Gooseberries, Strawberries, Figs, And Biscotti
Chocolate Spaghetti With Whipped Cream, Sliced Strawberries And Chocolate Nibs
Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Microwave Double Chocolate Brownies With Sweetened Whipped Cream
Normandy Apple And Cream Tart With Calvados Whipped Cream
Mille Feuille Of Benne Wafers And Pineapple Pastry Cream With Macerated Berries
Warm Chocolate Praline Tart With Caramel, Chocolate Sauce, And Vanilla Ice Cream
White Chocolate Mousse In Chocolate Meringue Shells With Raspberry Coulis