- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 4 pints oysters and their liquor, picked over to remove any bits of shell
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 fresh, boiled artichoke hearts, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned with 1 teaspoon Essence
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the green onions and garlic, and sauté for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they give off their liquid, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the oysters and their liquor, the parsley, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Cook until the oysters just start to curl and are no longer opaque, and the liquor starts to evaporate, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and remove from the heat.
- In a separate pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Saute the artichoke hearts until just warmed through. Remove from the heat and spread in an even layer to completely cover the bottom of the casserole.
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-high. Add the flour and stir constantly until thick, 2 minutes. Add the cream, and bring to a boil. Cook until thick, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add to the oyster mixture, stirring to mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese. Pour the mixture into the casserole on top of the artichoke hearts.
- Sprinkle the seasoned bread crumbs over the top of the casserole, and top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake until the top is bubbly and has a golden crust, 15 to 25 minutes. (If necessary, broil for 3 minutes to brown the top evenly.) Serve hot.
Baby Shrimp Stuffed Artichokes
Spinach, Mushroom, And Artichoke Casserole
Corinne Dunbar's Oyster-artichoke Casserole
Sesame Seed Cookies
Pickled Herring Casserole
Tex Mex Gooey Casserole
Lamb And Stout Casserole
La Ghiotta: Vegetable Casserole Abruzzeze
Ma Ma's Mirliton, Shrimp And Crabmeat Casserole