- 1 large bunch broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese (about 5 ounces)
- Place broccoli on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to remove the tough part of the stems (usually the lower 3 to 4 inches). Cut broccoli into 4 even portions.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon salt. Add broccoli and cook until tender, 3 to 6 minutes. Drain broccoli in a colander set in sink. Using tongs, transfer to a 2-quart casserole or serving dish.
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir well. Pour sauce over broccoli and serve.
Seriously Chocolaty Cheesecake
Broccoli With Seriously Cheesy Sauce
Chicken Nuggets With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Cheesy Star Snacks
Cheesy Puff Pastry With A Twist
Gone Fishiní Fish Sticks With Tartar Sauce
Make Your Own Baked Potatoes With Special Sauce
Best Basic Red Sauce
Good For You Garden Pita Pockets With Egg Salad