- 8 boneless quail, about 4 ounces each
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces Prosciutto, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Original Essence
- Kicked Up Salade au Lardon
- Fried leeks, for garnish
- KICKED UP LENTIL SALADE AU LARDON:
- 8 ounces French green lentils
- 3 whole garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 7 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Original Essence
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups frisee
- 3 cups arugula
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Place the quail in a baking dish and toss with the oil and lemon juice. Preheat a grill.
- Combine the goat cheese, prosciutto and thyme in a bowl, and mix well.
- Stuff each quail with some of the cheese mixture and season on both sides with Essence. Grill until evenly brown, but still tender and slightly pink inside, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill. Place 2 quail on top of each serving of Kicked Up Salade au Lardon, garnish with fried leeks, and serve immediately.
- KICKED UP LENTIL SALADE AU LARDON: In a medium saucepan, combine the lentils, garlic, bay leaf and thyme. Cover with water by 1 inch, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until just tender yet still firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and discard the garlic, bay leaf and thyme. Place the lentils in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels, leaving 3 tablespoons of fat in the pan. Add the carrots, celery, shallots and garlic, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the vegetables to the bowl with the lentils. Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, and 4 teaspoons of the vinegar, tomatoes, parsley, Essence, salt and pepper, and toss to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the frisee, arugula and bacon. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 teaspoons of red wine vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Toss the dressing with the greens and divide among 4 plates. Top with the lentil salad and the goat cheese. Serve. Yield: 4 servings
Grilled Stuffed Quail With Kicked Up Lentil Salade Au Lardon
Kicked Up Lentil Salad Au Lardon
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Stuffed Leg Of Venison With Shallot Pan Gravy
Sammy And Emeril’s Favorite Paella
Carne Asada Mini Tortillas With Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa
Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Nachos With Dulce De Leche And Mexican Chocolate
Porchetta With Wilted Dandelion Greens
Pressed Spicy Eggplant With Mozzarella And Basil