- One-half pound bulk pork breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped onions
- One-half cup chopped bell peppers
- One-half cup chopped celery
- One-half teaspoon salt
- One-fourth teaspoon cayenne
- One and one-half cups cooked long-grain rice
- One-fourth cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 medium bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- One-fourth cup dried fine bread crumbs
- One-fourth cup freshly grated Parmesan
- One-half teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- Preheat the oven to 400? F. Brown the sausage in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, and cayenne. Cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted. Add the rice and mix well. Cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the green onions and parsley. Mix again.
- Spoon the mixture into the bell peppers. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, and sprinkle evenly over the tops of the bell peppers. Place the peppers in a shallow pan and add just enough water to cover the bottom. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the tops are crusty and brown.
- Serve hot with warm French bread, sliced Fuji apples, slivers of aged Pecorino Romano, and good Chianti. Yum.
Adrienne's Holiday Fennel Sausage Stuffing
Stuffed Dessert Chayotes
Spinach And Roasted Red Pepper Strata
Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers
Duck, Fresh Sausage And Mirliton Gumbo
Grilled Garlic Pepper Cowboy Steak
Sausage, Onion And Bell Pepper Brochettes With Grilled Kicked Up Polenta Squares
Cheddar Beer Bread