- 2 cups Woodland Cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups diced (1/2 inch) cooked potatoes
- 1 pound smoked duck meat, chopped in 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Perfect Poached Eggs cooked just before serving
- Prepare the Woodland Cream, and keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 200?F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the potatoes and sautÈ, flipping and shaking the skillet, until the potatoes are golden brown, for about 4 minutes.
- Add the duck meat, onions, carrots, bell peppers, garlic, parsley, Creole Seasoning, salt, and pepper and sautÈ, shaking the skillet and stirring, for 5 minutes. Make 4 cups.
- Keep the hash warm by placing the skillet in the oven. Prepare the Perfect Poached Eggs.
- To serve, mound 1 cup of the hash on each of 4 plates, place 1 Perfect Poached Egg on top, and nap with 1/2 cup of the woodland cream.
- Note: Smoked Duck Meat: Can be purchased at specialty food stores and some meat counters.
- Perfect Poached Eggs: Bring 3 cups of water to a boil with 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over high heat. Crack an egg into a cup and slide the egg gently into the water. Crack another egg into the cup and when the water returns to a boil slide this egg into the water as well. When the water returns to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the eggs are set. Watch carefully and remove the eggs when the yolks are still soft, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. (Test by lifting an egg slightly out of the water on a slotted spoon and gently pressing the center with your finger; the yolk should be soft and the white firm.) Drain on paper towels. Poached eggs can be made ahead and kept immersed in a bowl of water in the refrigerator. Reheat by immersing briefly in simmering water.
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Perfect Poached Eggs
Smoked Duck Stew With Smoked Duck Dumplings
Smoked Salmon And Potato Hash With Poached Eggs
Poached Oysters In Pernod Cream And Fried Spinach
Smoked Duck Mousse Profiteroles With Chile Pepper Glaze
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Toasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings