- 1/2 cup dried wild mushrooms, such as porcini or morels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh wild mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, lobsters, or oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Veal Stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a small, soak the dried mushrooms in 1/2 cup warm water for 15 minutes. Drain, stem, and slice the mushrooms.
- Combine the oil, fresh mushrooms, shallots, garlic, green onions, Creole Seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan over high heat and sautÈ for 1 minute. Using your hands, squeeze the excess liquid out of the dried mushrooms into a bowl or cup and add the mushrooms to the skillet. Strain the mushroom liquid through a fine sieve and stir the liquid into the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 6 minutes. Slowly stir in the cream, bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.
Smoked Duck Hash With Poached Eggs And Woodland Cream
Spicy Beef Empanadas With Fire Sauce And Cilantro Cream
Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles And Chocolate Sauce
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce
J.K.'s Chocolate Soufflés with Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce