- 4 monkfish fillets (about 5 ounces each), trimmed and membranes removed
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced peeled eggplant (1/2-inch dice)
- 8 Italian plum tomatoes, cut into vertical slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and purÈed Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Basic Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Onion Crisps
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Sprinkle the fillets on both sides with Creole Seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large nonreactive ovenproof skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the fish fillets and sear the first side, for about 1 minute. Flip the fillets with a spatula, add the remaining ingredients except the Onion Crisps, gently stir them in, and bring to a boil.
- Remove the skillet from the burner, place in the preheated oven, and roast for 25 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the Onion Crisps, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Turn off the oven heat. Remove the skillet from the oven, place it on a burner over high heat and cook for 5 minutes longer. Meanwhile, place the baking sheet in the oven (leave the door ajar) for about 2 minutes, to recrisp the Onion Crisps.
- To serve, place a fish fillet in each of 4 shallow bowls and spoon some of the tomato/eggplant mixture over it. Pile a handful of the Onion Crisps on top.
Roast Smothered Monkfish With Onion Crisps With Saffron Potatoes
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Southwest Shrimp With Fire Roasted Corn And Onion Dressing
Pork Cutlets With Onion Applesauce And Couscous Jambalaya
Pork Wellington With Onion Applesauce And Candied Butternut Squash
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Roasted Smothered Scrod With Onion Crisps
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips