- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 2 cups thinly shaved onion slices, separated into rings
- 1 large egg, beaten with 3 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Start heating the oil in a large pot over high heat.
- Combine the flour with the Creole Seasoning in a bowl. Dip the onions in the egg wash and toss in the seasoned flour.
- When the oil is very hot (about 375?F), fry the onions in batches until golden and crisp, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with the salt. Serve immediately or keep warm on a baking sheet in a 250?F oven.
Roast Smothered Monkfish With Onion Crisps
Rosemary Potato Crisps
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Green Onion Coulis
Pork Cutlets With Onion Applesauce And Couscous Jambalaya
Pork Wellington With Onion Applesauce And Candied Butternut Squash
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Southwest Shrimp With Fire Roasted Corn And Onion Dressing
Gulf Fish Beignets With Green Onion Tartar Sauce