- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning 
- 2 cups thinly shaved onion slices, separated into rings
- 1 large egg, beaten with 3 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Start heating the oil in a large pot over high heat.
- Combine the flour with the Creole Seasoning in a bowl. Dip the onions in the egg wash and toss in the seasoned flour.
- When the oil is very hot (about 375?F), fry the onions in batches until golden and crisp, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with the salt. Serve immediately or keep warm on a baking sheet in a 250?F oven.