- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 warm water (about 110?F)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh fennel leaves
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a bowl dissolve the yeast in the water. Add the salt, sugar, Parmesan, garlic, fennel leaves, and Creole Seasoning, and mix until thoroughly blended. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the flour until thoroughly incorporated into a ball of dough. Donít overmix.
- Preheat the oven to 300?F.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat out the dough with your hands until you have a rough square about 8 by 8 inches. Use a pastry cutter to cut 8 equal strips of the dough, and roll each one out into a skinny log about 13 to 14 inches long.
- Place the sticks on the baking sheet, brush them with the olive oil, sprinkle them lightly with the kosher salt, and bake until brown, for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm.