- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground lamb
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 8 1/2 ounces (1/2 cup) goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 12- x 17-inch sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the lamb and sautÈ, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for about 2 minutes. Stir in the onions and garlic and sautÈ for 3 minutes. Stir in the oregano, salt, and pepper and sautÈ for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the skillet from the heat and turn the mixture into a bowl.
- Stir in the goat cheese, Creole Seasoning, and Worcestershire. Makes about 1 cup.
- Lay the sheets of phyllo in a pile on a flat surface. Brush the top sheet with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Using a knife, cut the sheets in half and then the halves in half, leaving 4 piles of phyllo strips, each about 3 inches wide.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the lamb mixture on the bottom half of 1 pile. Keep the remaining piles covered with a damp cloth as you work. Fold the phyllo by bringing the bottom up over the filling, then folding catty-corner (like folding a flag) twice to form a package that looks like a three-cornered hat. Press the edges together to seal.
- Place the phyllo packages on the baking sheet. If youíre preparing them ahead of time, refrigerate the packages, covered with a damp cloth, until 30 minutes before serving; remove them from the refrigerator and allow to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature before baking. Bake until golden brown, for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- To serve, place 1 lamb package on each plate and garnish with oregano sprigs.
Andouille Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Bill And Lenny's Excellent Foie Gras
Chicken In Peanut Sauce
Corn Flaps With Chive Cream And Caviar
Crab And Corn Pies With Corn Crab Sauce
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Crawfish Egg Rolls With Hot Sesame Drizzle