- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground lamb
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 8 1/2 ounces (1/2 cup) goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning 
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 12- x 17-inch sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the lamb and sautÈ, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for about 2 minutes. Stir in the onions and garlic and sautÈ for 3 minutes. Stir in the oregano, salt, and pepper and sautÈ for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the skillet from the heat and turn the mixture into a bowl.
- Stir in the goat cheese, Creole Seasoning, and Worcestershire. Makes about 1 cup.
- Lay the sheets of phyllo in a pile on a flat surface. Brush the top sheet with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Using a knife, cut the sheets in half and then the halves in half, leaving 4 piles of phyllo strips, each about 3 inches wide.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the lamb mixture on the bottom half of 1 pile. Keep the remaining piles covered with a damp cloth as you work. Fold the phyllo by bringing the bottom up over the filling, then folding catty-corner (like folding a flag) twice to form a package that looks like a three-cornered hat. Press the edges together to seal.
- Place the phyllo packages on the baking sheet. If youíre preparing them ahead of time, refrigerate the packages, covered with a damp cloth, until 30 minutes before serving; remove them from the refrigerator and allow to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature before baking. Bake until golden brown, for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- To serve, place 1 lamb package on each plate and garnish with oregano sprigs.