- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup julienned prosciutto, 1/8-inch-wide strips (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 pound cooked cheese tortellini (preferable fresh)
- 2 cups assorted greens (frisee, arugula, mache, oak leaf, or stemmed whole spinach)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garilc
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onion and cooke until softened, about 5 minutes then add the prosciutto, tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 4 turns of the pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, remove from the heat, and turn into a large bowl.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the same skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the tortellini and the remaining salt and pepper, and fry until golden brown, shaking the skillet and tossing the pasta, for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss with the prosciutto in the bowl.
Add the greens and the Parmesan to the bowl and toss well.
To serve, divide the salad among 4 small plates or shallow pasta bowls. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan.
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots
Greens And Fried Oysters With Pernod Buttermilk Dressing
BLT with Fried Green Tomatoes and Shrimp Rémoulade
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Shrimp And Artichoke Risotto
Piri Piri Shrimp With Pasta Salad
Spicy Chicken Rellenos with Tequila Lime Sauce
Smoked Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Herbed Lamb Patties With Creole Ratatouille And Rosemary Jus