- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced onions
- 1 teaspoon finely minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon finely minced celery
- 1 teaspoon finely minced green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 pound crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons Shrimp Stock
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
- 4 filet mignons (6 to 7 ounces each), well marbled, trimmed
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add the onions and green onions, celery, bell peppers, and garlic and sautÈ for 1 minute. Add the crawfish tails, stock, bread crumbs, and 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes. Makes 1 cup.
- Prepare the Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce, and cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning over the meat, using 1/2 teaspoon on each steak and inside its pocket. Use your hands to coat the meat thoroughly, inside and out.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a slit about 2 inches long onto the side of each steak and cut about 2 inches in to make a pocket. Stand the filets on their uncut edges and open the pockets. Using a spoon, fill each pocket with 1/4 cup of the cooled stuffing.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the filets and sautÈ until rare, for about 3 minutes on each side, or medium rare, for about 4 minutes on each side. If you like your meat well done, youíre on your own with the time.
- To serve, place 1 filet on each of 4 dinner plates and cover with a generous 1/3 cup of the sauce.
Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
Pan Roasted Filet Mignon Stuffed With English Stilton And Walnuts
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Oyster Stuffed Turkey Roll With Sage Reduction Sauce
Shrimp Stuffed Flounder With Sauce Piquante
Stuffed Filet Of Beef With Bordelaise Sauce
Crawfish Rellenos With Red Bean Sauce
Pan Roasted Filet Mignon Stuffed With English Stilton Served With Potato Walnut Confit And Port Wine Reduction
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Crab Stuffed Shrimp With Tomato Butter And White Bean Relish