- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup peeled and finely chopped sweet apples
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Basic Chicken Stock
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the apples, shallots, garlic, mint, salt, and pepper and sautÃ© for 2 minutes. Add the couscous and the olive oil and sautÃ©, stirring, for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in then remaining 1 teaspoon butter and turn off the heat. Cover and allow to sit for about 2 minutes.
- To serve, press into lightly oiled half-cup molds and unmold immediately onto plates. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig. Serve immediately.
Sauteed Escolar With Curry Oil And Apple Mint Couscous
Apple Mint Relish
Rack Of Lamb With Creole Mustard Crust, Rosemary Jus, And Apple Mint Relish
Pork Cutlets With Onion Applesauce And Couscous Jambalaya
Apple Pecan Stuffing
Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding With Mint Créme Anglaise
Lamb Shanks Braised In Wine Sauce With Mint Orzo
Mint Creme Anglaise