- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup peeled and finely chopped sweet apples
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Basic Chicken Stock 
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the apples, shallots, garlic, mint, salt, and pepper and sautÃ© for 2 minutes. Add the couscous and the olive oil and sautÃ©, stirring, for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in then remaining 1 teaspoon butter and turn off the heat. Cover and allow to sit for about 2 minutes.
- To serve, press into lightly oiled half-cup molds and unmold immediately onto plates. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig. Serve immediately.