- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 cups Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces finely chopped andouille sausage
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Bake the potatoes at 400?F until fork-tender, for about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Prepare the Spicy Tomato Sauce and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small skillet over high heat. Add the andouille, garlic, basil, and oregano and sautÈ for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into a large bowl.
- Scrape the potatoes from their skins into the bowl and mash them into the andouille. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the salt, 3 turns of the pepper, the Creole Seasoning, egg, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons (7 tablespoons) of the flour. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup flour on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Using 2 teaspoons, form the gnocchi mixture into 28 dumplings and roll them in the flour on the baking sheet.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the milk, water, the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 turns pepper and bring just to a boil. Add the gnocchi and poach for 5 minutes. Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon.
- While the gnocchi are poaching, reheat the Spicy Tomato Sauce over low heat.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce into each of 4 shallow bowls. Arrange 7 gnocchi on top and add another 1/4 cup sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and top with 1 tablespoon chopped basil.
Spicy Chicken Rellenos With Tequila Lime Sauce
Duck, Andouille, And Scallion Pancakes With Ginger Orange Sauce
Gulf Fish Beignets With Tomato Corn Tartar Sauce
Spicy Tomato Sauce
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Spicy Beef Empanadas With Fire Sauce And Cilantro Cream
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings
Pork And Eggplant Cutlets With Olive Tomato Sauce
Fried Oysters With Horseradish Cream And Tomato Corn Salsa