- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Basic Chicken Stock
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the onions, salt, and black pepper and sautÈ until the onions are translucent, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, tomatoes, basil, oregano, and cayenne. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and purÈe in a food processor or blender. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.
Andouille Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Spicy Beef Empanadas With Fire Sauce And Cilantro Cream
Spicy Chicken Rellenos with Tequila Lime Sauce
Fresh Tomato Sauce
Gulf Fish Beignets With Tomato Corn Tartar Sauce
Olive Tomato Sauce
Pork And Eggplant Cutlets With Olive Tomato Sauce
Portobello Mushrooms, Angel Hair Pasta, And Fresh† Tomato Sauce
Tomato Corn Tartar Sauce
Pumpkin Soup With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds