- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cold club soda
- 2/3 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 Florida stone crab claws, shells cracked
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Lemon Black Pepper Tartar Sauce
- Beat the egg in a large mixing bowl. Add the club soda, flour, cornstarch, Essence, and salt and whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pour enough oil into a large heavy pot or electric deep fryer to come halfway up the sides and heat to 360?F.
- In batches, dip the crab claws into the batter and deep-fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the claws to paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately with the tartar sauce.
Tempura Stone Crabs With Lemon, Black Pepper Tartar Sauce
Lemon Black Pepper Tartar Sauce
Hot Chorizo Tamales With Black Bean And Roasted Pepper Salsa
Panfried Catfish With Warm Andouille Potato Salad And Grown Up Tartar Sauce
Chilled Stone Crab Claws With A Hearts Of Palm Salad And Honey Tangerine Gastrique
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce
Black Bean And Roasted Pepper Salsa
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Grown Up Tartar Sauce
Egg Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce