- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cold club soda
- 2/3 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 Florida stone crab claws, shells cracked
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Lemon Black Pepper Tartar Sauce 
- Beat the egg in a large mixing bowl. Add the club soda, flour, cornstarch, Essence, and salt and whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pour enough oil into a large heavy pot or electric deep fryer to come halfway up the sides and heat to 360?F.
- In batches, dip the crab claws into the batter and deep-fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the claws to paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately with the tartar sauce.