- Four 6-ounce scrod fillets
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 8 plum tomatoes (about 1 pound), cored and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Chicken Stock or
- canned low-sodium chicken broth
- Onion Crisps
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Season both sides of the fish fillets with the Essence. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant and onions and cook, stirring, until the eggplant is softened, about 6 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, cayenne, and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock, bring to a simmer, and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with more salt to taste if necessary.
- Add the fish to the skillet and spoon the vegetables over the fish to cover it. Transfer to the oven and roast until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer the fish fillets to four shallow soup or pasta bowls. Top with the vegetable sauce, garnish with the onion crisps, and serve immediately.
Roast Smothered Scrod With Onion Crisps
Roast Smothered Monkfish With Onion Crisps With Saffron Potatoes
Roast Smothered Monkfish With Onion Crisps
Roast Flounder Stuffed With Eggplant Corn Bread Dressing
Vidalia Onion Soup With Fried Cheese Tortellini
Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Cheese Soup with Parmesan Cheese Toasts
Garlic Schmeared Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Roasted Pork Loin
Roasted Red Snapper In Creole Sauce